Have you ever wanted to learn a new skill? Are you struggling to find a great gift for a loved one? Come and have a bash at Little Duck Forge.
Blacksmith for a Day introduces students to the basic operations of blacksmithing through an initial simple piece, once that is completed students are encouraged to come with their own ideas and we will work together to make them a reality. This course is suitable for most students with or without previous knowledge as the pace of the course is set by the individual. Group course, max 4 students.
Copper Bashing for Beginners introduces students to the basic operations for working with copper through a couple of simple projects (copper dish, silver soldered ring (base for dish) and sample of fold forming techniques), once they are completed students are encouraged to come with their own ideas and use the newly learnt skills to make something more significant. Group course, max 4 students.
Copper Birds and Flowers introduces students to the basic operations of working with copper by making a bird sculpture and a rose, once they are completed students are encouraged to either extend their initial projects or come with their own ideas and use the newly learnt skills. This course is run by guest tutor, Jenny Ames, a copper artist. Group course, max 4 students.
The tutor for blacksmithing and copper bashing courses will be Lucille, a qualified Blacksmith, and previously a Design Technology Teacher. The time will be tailored to your skills and what you would like to gain from your time in the Forge. You will get the chance to make an item to take home with you. Occasionally we have guest tutors running specific courses (eg. Copper Birds and Flowers), these are listed on the booking system.
Dates are now available by using the online booking system available here
New dates are added around 3 months in advance, no courses are run during the hotter months of the year (June, July and August)
To purchase an undated voucher please book in on the 1st of January, when we receive your details we will post a voucher to you. The gift card/voucher has details about the course for you to present to the recipient as a gift prior to attending the course.The vouchers can be redeemed against any of the group courses.
A wonderful day, hands aching a tad, but well worth it for our amazing coat hook and sign hanger. Great teacher, thank you.
A great day lots of fun. New things to learn and a pressie for home.
(March 2012, Poker & Toasting Fork)
What a brilliant day. Thoroughly enjoyed myself. A perfect birthday present.
(April 2013, Leaf Bird Bath)
Great day but very exhausting. Very inventive ideas and a fab opportunity. Thanks.
(April 2013, Boot Scraper)
Fab time and enjoyed every moment. Inspiration for a new hobby. Thankyou.
(April 2013 Coat Rack on driftwood and Candle holder)
A fantastic weekend many trials and tribulations, but success in the end. All due to a brilliant teacher. Many thanks.
(April 2012, Tools Tongs, punch etc)
So fantastic. Thank you so much. Will be back soon.
An excellent introduction to blacksmithing! Thanks for your super tuition.
Excellent! Great Fun, Great Teacher.
A Brilliant day. Learnt a lot would recommend to anyone.
A Great half-day a real eye opener for me. I will come again.
An excellent day experience. Really enjoyed making the Roman knife and hook. Thank you.
Fantastic day. Thanks very much.
(Jan 2013, Knife Roman style)
A fantastic day! Learnt lots and finished with two fantastic products. Many Thanks.
The tuition can be one to one but I encourage coming on one of my group days initially (up to a maximum of four students), taster days are charged on the following basis:-
- For one person: whole day (8 hours) £210
- For a group day: whole day (8 hours) £110/person
- Longer courses, groups, or special projects, please contact me to discuss the options.
- All prices include insurance, (I hold the necessary public liability insurance).
- I will need a £20 deposit when booking the course, deposits can be made by BACS, cheque or cash.
Financial Information and Course Cancellations
- You will receive an invoice for the course fee – you can either pay in full upon receipt of the invoice, or a non refundable deposit (£20 per person when a date is booked, this equally applies to voucher bookings) immediately and the remaining balance one month in advance of the course date
- If paying by cheque please make it out to Lucille Scott
- If paying via internet banking (BACS) please use the course code (either ‘B4tD’) and your surname as reference; please e-mail confirmation when you make the payment as sometimes the references do not come through
- Amendments to bookings may be made up to 21 days prior to the date of the class. If you find you are unable to attend a class less than 21 days before the date of your workshop we regret that the course fees will only be refunded if we are able to fill your place. These rules apply equally to gift voucher bookings.
- If through unavoidable circumstances Iron Maid (Little Duck Forge) has to cancel a workshop, all course fees will be refunded in full or if you wish, transferred to another course. We regret that we cannot refund any other costs you may have incurred in advance, such as travel and accommodation.
- Iron Maid (Little Duck Forge) cannot accept liability for any loss, injury or damage to course participants or their property. A Copy of Iron Maid (Little Duck Forge) Public Liability Insurance certificate is available on request.
- Whilst the dates & prices for the courses are correct at the time of going to press, Iron Maid reserves the right to make alterations to dates, times, course content & prices.